GoneMAD v. 2.0.28, Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Edge S7
When selecting/queueing an M3U file which includes filenames with special (non-ASCII) characters, the files with special characters in their names are not queued. E.g., here is the content of an M3U file:
1.13 - No. 3 - I. Prélude.mp3 1.14 - No. 3 - II. Allemande.mp3 1.15 - No. 3 - III. Courante.mp3 1.16 - No. 3 - IV. Sarabande.mp3 1.17 - No. 3 - V. Bourrée I & II.mp3 1.18 - No. 3 - VI. Gigue.mp3
Only four of the six files are queued. Those with special characters — the first and fifth — are not. (The filenames match those listed in the M3U file. Other music players pick up all six.)
my guess is the text encoding of your playlist file is not a supported format. If you are going to use special characters, the m3u file needs to be saved with the UTF8 text encoding, otherwise wehn gmmp reads it it will not be able to translate the special characters
Sorry to be so long in getting back to you, but I wanted to let you know that I tried it out and it worked!
I did encounter one complication: at first, after I converted the file to UTF-8, GoneMAD would not queue the first file in the playlist. After some poking around, I found that Microsoft Word (which I was using to convert the files to UTF-8) inserted an "invisible" character at the start of the first line of a UTF-8 file. (No idea if this is something inherent in UTF-8 or if it's specific to Microsoft Word.) I found that adding a blank line at the start of the M3U file resolved this issue.